Friday, August 31, 2007

Overcoming Obstacles


State of mind over state of being...
Frame of mind over frame of body...
Mind over matter...
Wanting to be there.


I guess my little lecture to myself yesterday paid off. After a shaky start to the day, I was ready and anxious to get into the studio and start quilting. The back didn't protest much, although I may regret this tomorrow. I added some height to my sitting position which seemed to help my shoulders too. I've worked my way up and down one side border, picking out the leaf shapes and the scroll in navy thread. I always worry I'll ruin my work with the quilting, think maybe it'd be better left unquilted, then marvel as the dimension transforms the design. Click on the picture to see the stitches better.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Even though I have been quilting 49 years, I always have that same fear, will I ruin it with my quilting. Isn't that funny, maybe we should have been painters. Then we wouldn't have to quilt it.
Wanda