Thursday, November 29, 2007

Work Resumes...

...on the baby quilt. If you look closely at the photo, you can see snow outside my window - 6 inches that arrived Monday night. Today was brilliant with sunshine, making the studio a warm and inviting place to be, Robert Palmer the artist of choice blaring from the CD player. It's been nearly two weeks since I worked on this quilt what with the holiday preparations, trip and pet health issues. Oh, yes, and some journal quilting (results to be posted next).

Actually, I think the break was good, allowing me to approach this with fresh eyes. I'm becoming more creative in scrounging more binding, seeing how it doesn't have to be different fabric from what's in the blocks. There's still plenty of work to do, and this is not the final arrangement, but at least I can start to see the beginnings of some interesting lines. As I mentioned before, I knew this wouldn't be a quick quilt to make, but I do think this construction technique is making an exceedingly sturdy quilt, one that will be able to take the wear and tear and washing that a baby quilt will be subjected to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want snow!

BC