Friday, January 04, 2008

A Little More Holiday Cheer

Two more presents arrived the other day - the last of the Christmas bounty, I'm sure. I love my friends...they know just the sort of books that will spark my creativity. Journal partner, Judi, sent this one on trees, saying "May you make many more quilts on your favorite subject." A quick paging through it got my imagination going - it is a beautiful book for any lover of trees. I'm guessing a few of these images make their way into my work this year.

I love my relatives...they know just the colors and textures that speak to me. The book is lying on a Tibetan shawl of cotton/silk that my sister-in-law, Karen, picked up at a market in conjunction with a visit from the Dalai Lama himself. It is soft and light and silky and rich and woven with a textural design. I'm sure the Dalai Lama blessed it, right Karen? Well, I'll pretend he did and feel peace emanating from it whenever I throw it over my shoulders.

No comments: