Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Snow

I haven't wanted to complain too much about the snow, but it did seem like I'd been shoveling about every other day since that 16" at the beginning of December. But the weatherman confirmed my suspicions: We had 18 days of measurable snowfall in December, which is close to the record. Usually, it was only a couple of inches at a time, but a few days it was more. There haven't been any warm-ups either, so it has been stacking up. Here's my stubby dog standing in what was a shoveled sidewalk, but now needs working on again because snow has slid off the roof.

I've had a bit of a reprieve - last night's 3 inches was the first since Sunday morning. I hardly knew what to do with myself those three days. ;-) It gave me a chance to dig out around the car a bit. Don't know how long these snowbanks will last. It has gotten above freezing and started raining tonight. I really hate it when it does that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh...

BC

The Idaho Beauty said...

BC, I'm still waiting for you to show up with your shovel...

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'm available--I'm going to be shoveling rain this weekend. Hey--at least it's _some_ weather.

BC