I printed off a version of my mother's portrait today - one that I'd added a green mottled border to. I planned to print off a plain one as well (I've got two thoughts on how to work the portrait with the pansy fabric), but got sidetracked with an idea for using some of the words I talked about in this post plus a few more I stumbled upon this morning. If only I understood how to use the more complex functions of Corel Paintshop Pro; I ended up spending the afternoon experimenting, stumbling, reading the help text and experimenting some more. I finally stopped when I figured out how to make the layer with the words transparent. Click on the picture for a larger view.
Not sure if I'll actually use this version, but at least I tried it out and I have a slightly better understanding of working with text in this program. I think I'm gaining a better understanding of my feelings for my mother too.