Saturday, February 02, 2008

Bringing in the Big Guns

This may be the last of the snow pictures for awhile - we can hope. The little weather icon has quit fantically flashing at me every time I turn on the computer. We must have gone a good week under one kind of storm warning or another, and the weather alerts were SOOO afraid I had no idea what was coming. While it snowed today, it wasn't anything that piled up. I took this picture of the back of the house to show how close the snowbank is getting to the eaves.

My guy showed up today, shovel in hand, and went to work. After 3 hours, he finally called it quits and it was worth every penny I paid him. He knocked lots of snow off the roofs (they are metal, Wanda, which explains why the snow slides off), widened some of the paths and dug out the back so Jesse can reach all parts of the fenced yard now.




This is looking from the side yard toward the house - the route that has been blocked for quite a while now. No longer.

I swear, the calendars are taunting me. January showed snow scenes not unlike what's outside my window. When I flipped them over to February, they think it's spring. Tulips and daffodils adorn one, dogwood in bloom and leafy birches create a woodland scene sans snow on the other. It struck me the same as when I bought postal stamps during the height of the snows after Christmas; the clerk handed me a book of bright flowers. "You're joking, right?" I asked. "No, wishful thinking," she replied. Very wishful thinking, I might add.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's this? Your "hearty ancestors who homesteaded in South Dakota" never had a guy come over and dig them out! They probably went out and dug a tunnel into town...barefooted! What a wimp you've become ;-)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes the metal roof explains it. We have shingles and it doesn't slide off them.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Ok, Anon, alias BC, I admit it. That's what happens when you go all arty. The wrist becomes very limp and can't hold a shovel for long...VBG