Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like....


...last winter! I have not had much desire to capture the snow we've gotten the last week or so primarily because I still involuntarily shudder at the thought of it after what we went through last winter. However, worried friends have called to check up on me, ask if I merely need to recycle last winter's pictures to show what's outside my door right now, and frankly, we are getting off easy. Compared to Spokane (just 90 minutes drive southwest) which got a record 23-1/2" in 34 hours, we got a mere 7 inches, and only had about 7 inches prior to that. The big pain has been the extreme cold and high winds whipping things up. That has tempered the last few days so I really can't complain.


I didn't actually expect to wake up to several inches of new snow, though. I thought that was coming later in the day. The mountain ash so laden with snow was too much of a temptation to capture.

Here are some other shots around the place on this Christmas Eve. Have a merry one!




3 comments:

Nora and James McDowell said...

It's 3:46 am and I should be sleeping. It is snowing steadily by the glow of Christmas lights.
I've been being "good" and turning them off over night but tonight it just seemed right to leave them on.
Nora

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Merry Christmas!
I can only dream of a real white Christmas in the south of England

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We are having a sunny Christmas day, even though it has only gotten up to 14 degrees so far. Merry Christmas.