Friday, March 05, 2010

What I like about handwork...


One of many, actually: I love its portability. I love that it allows me to enjoy sitting outside in the sun and yet still feel productive as happened today. I am working on my last row robin challenge assignment which is due at the end of the month when we have our great reveal. I've had this since before Christmas, actually, but because of its size (the rows are a mere 12 inches long) and the deadline for completion so far away, I was lulled into a false sense of procrastination security. For peace of mind, I knew I had to get going on it before the week was over, and got all the parts cut and fused yesterday. Now I am going back over it, blanket stitching around the edges and adding stem stitches and lazy daisy details by hand. Click on the picture for a larger view.

No comments: