Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's That Time Again


The leaves have all come down in a tumble these last few days.


I looked out my office window and was surprised at how the leaves had stacked up on the big limbs of the maple.


I know I said I had plenty of reference photos already, but I had to go out in the chill to capture it as I don't recall seeing this before.






I guess I got a little obsessive, capturing different angles.



And marveling at the way the leaves filled nooks and crannies.


Not marveling so much at the way they do the same with my car.


We've had our first freezing temperatures of the season, which appears to be what spurred the maples to abandon their leisurely dropping of leaves for this all-out shedding. I'll start gathering them up over the weekend.


In the meantime, I worked on my own falling leaves, couching decorative cording around two more quilted leaves. I still think those quilted leaves within the couched squares need some highlighting and plan to get brave with some paint soon. Then I will call it done. And I think this landscape orientation works better than the original portrait one. I've been mulling it for some time, and now I am sure. The balance is just better somehow.


No comments: