Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Catching up on drawing lessons

At the rate I am not posting here, one might think not much is going on in the creative journey, but that would not be entirely correct. I've done more quilting on Bubble Prayers, started assembling the mystery quilt blocks into rows, met with my art group and started a linoprint class, among other things. I'll be blogging about these soon, but for now, I'll share a couple of new Zentangles. I've got the book back, but have missed a few days, so have been doubling up on the "daily" Zentangle®* lessons. I share this one because it includes Pepper tangleation, which is a pattern that so amuses me - it is just plain happy and fun. The stripes remind me of the rolling farmland of the Palouse. That thing in the upper right corner didn't work out as planned, plus I messed up the direction of the strokes in one section. Ah well, all a learning process.


Most exciting is that I've come to the section of the book where we can now add color to "Zentangle Inspired Art" or ZIA. This was a quick little draw so I could try that out with my colored pencils. I do like that. It's good to be back drawing on a somewhat regular basis. It does my head good, can feel it strengthening my eye and design skills.

***************************************************************************************************************
*The Zentangle® art form and method was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas and is copyrighted. Zentangle® is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com.

1 comment:

Lucia Sasaki said...

Hi!!
Thanks a lot for posting, your zentangles are beautiful! I have seen zentangle books when I search for books about bookbinding and journaling at Amazon.com but I never got the idea of what about they were.
Now, thanks to you, I know what zentangles are.
And you are right about not reporting all what happens in blogs, I myself let go many things.
Thanks again!!