Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Quick Zentangle

I've been fine tuning the studio since getting that new storage unit into place and today was more of a cleaning and straightening and trying out new locations for things that sit on top of my units day than it was proceeding with projects day. Getting closer to having a place for everything and everything in its place. So no sewing or printing or progress I can show. But I can share this simple Zentangle (or more accurately, Zentangle Inspired Art - ZIA) I worked on today. I'm feeling a tiny bit of pressure to get on with the sketching or drawing I said I wanted to do since I have all these new places to do it in. Yet what has been niggling at me for weeks is to get back to my stamped pages in the button booklet. This page has been open for some time now, the next one I wanted to attack.


Not long ago, I ran across a new tangle I wanted to try called quib. It seemed the perfect match for this page (that's it running through the middle). Today seemed the perfect day to break the block that's been keeping me from the sketchbooks. It's kind of a funny one to shade, but this will have to do for today. I wanted more on the page so I settled for the chain of leaves, added echoing and some tiny circles. Out of practice but warming up.

No comments: