Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Floor Show

I got some helpful feedback from my art group yesterday on the shibori piece (yes, I need to trim a bit off the top and we mulled possible additions) and what I hoped would be my final draft of the fountain wall design (it is, it is!) which was supposed to be the first in my water series. So I can start moving ahead on two new art quilts but I didn't quit feel up to it today. Instead, I put the finishing touches on the sketch I started at the beginning of the month (see this post). I went back to the site several times to edit and start adding color and finally to take a picture so I could finish up the coloring at home. I've come to the conclusion that this toned tanned paper is not good for pencil sketches, but works ok with pen. Today I went over all the pencil lines with pen, then filled in with Prismacolor pencils. I think I've spent more than enough time on this one, but it was an interesting challenge what with the angles of the facade roofline and the metal siding of varying greys. And I found those green pots irresistible!


2 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

Wow.....I'm so impressed with your drawing skills......

Chris said...

Another good sketch. You have quite a collection now.