Friday, June 26, 2015

Off to Virginia...

...that is, my quilts are off to Virginia, due next week at the location of the Sacred Threads Exhibit. It's easily been 10 years since I've shipped a quilt to a show, especially to one so far away - essentially from one coast to the other, thousands of miles away. I had such a sinking feeling as I handed the package over to begin its trek, not wanting to let go of the box, not wanting to leave the shipping store, staring (I'm sure balefully) at the box as the shipper sealed it up and slapped on the label. They are just quilts, I tried to convince myself. Just trust and let it go. But it was hard! I get a similar feeling when I drop quilts off for my local exhibits but at least they are minutes away and I can go check on them.

But out of sight, out of mind just a bit as I've busied myself with other things. Today I decided to check the tracking to see where they were and was delighted to find this map showing the route thus far, with flapping wings on my package! Ok - It made me laugh and I'm fine now, feeling like they are in good hands and turning my attention back to the next things I need to do here.

If you will be in the D.C. area during the run of the exhibit, please consider stopping by to take in the quilts and their wonderful stories. And let mine know how worried I am about them. ;-)


The Sacred Threads Exhibit is Opening Soon

Exhibit Dates: July 10 - 26
Monday - Saturday, 11:00 - 5:00
Sundays, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Admission:
$8.00
$5.00 for seniors (65+) and Children (7-12)
Children 6 and under are free
$20 for 3-day pass
To purchase tickets in advance 
click here to go to our store.


Location: Floris United Methodist Church, 13600 Frying Pan Road, Herndon, VA 20171

2 comments:

Michele Matucheski said...

May you have a wonderful run in this show! The quilts will come home to you, soon.

Maggi said...

With those lovely wings I'm sure that your quilts will arrive safely. I really would love to go the Sacred Threads one day.