I've completed all the decorative stitching on the covers of all 9 padfolios in progress - whew! Taking my cue from the batik lining of the first one in line, I took a big breath and started stitching what I hoped would look similar to the ferns on that batik. The thread color worked wonderfully and I found myself slipping into a familiar rhythm - not exactly the ferns but something I realized I'd used before with success. However, I can't remember where that was! Needless to say, it was delightful to find an old comfortable friend that required no marking, second guessing, stress. I used it on another cover, but the thread I chose quilted much darker than I anticipated - subtle it is not! I'm hoping the satin stitching around the outside in the same or similar color with pull it all together. Right now it sorta looks like I used the wrong color, even though those colors are in the cover fabric.
But even though I "found my stitch", the other covers led me back to the successful leaves of the first ones I did. Two with maple leaves arranged along the flow of the colors in the cover fabric, one with the big oak leaves draping across the back, front and flap. I am pleased. Now it's on to fusing on the linings and glue basting pockets in place.