Saturday, July 01, 2017

July!

I really enjoyed working on this July spread in my pocket calendar. After the dense designs in previous months, there was a real freedom and freshness to the individual flowers spread out and floating on a white background. Again, I found myself questioning how these flowers are colored in real life when I could determine what kind they might be. Eventually I let that go and just colored away with my cheapie pencils. One thing different I tried in an effort to give the yellow blooms some interest and dimension was to lightly pencil in some green along the lines and around leaves to create some shadowing. I've used a bit of orange or red before but it didn't seem right for this. But I wasn't sure about the green either, but I needn't have worried. I really like the look.

1 comment:

Michele Matucheski said...

I love it when the mail box brings these happy surprises! Congratulations, Sheila.