What a lovely weekend we had - and I took advantage with a Sunday walk at city beach with a friend I haven't gotten together with in a very long time. Seventy-five degrees, light breeze, people splashing around in the water or steering a boat back to a slip - it was so delightful. Sorry, did not think to take pics but trust me, it was beautiful. Before heading there, I sat with my crochet bag and did a few rounds at the top now that the pattern part is finished. Next round starts the handle! It feels so close to done.
I'm equally excited about the progress on the Watermark cardigan. Suddenly I was at the ribbing along the bottom.
When I took this picture I still had more rows of ribbing to knit and today I got them done. Next row is binding it off, then on to the sleeves.
I have several smaller knitting projects I'd like to make for Christmas gifts, and once that crochet bag is done, I can get going on them. I also need to get on with a small dye session to produce a particular blue fabric for that friend who gifted me her dye supplies. I put that off all summer and am hoping I haven't in the process stalled progress on a project of hers. She didn't really indicate if she needed it for what she showed me she was working on, just that could I dye it up "the next time you dye some fabric." Well, I really don't dye up fabric anymore unless there's something specific and that hasn't happened since I did that big dye session for her last fall. I make too big a deal out of it and put it off when actually I only need to dye up a few pieces of fabric. Just need to get organized and get it done!
Dying fabric is a multi-step process so I understand why you're putting off just one piece! Your knitting & crochet projects are coming right along. Glad you got out for a walk in nice weather! Jan in WY
ReplyDeleteYes Jan, the same number of steps whether you are dyeing up 1 yard of fabric or ten! And I've never been one to enjoy messy things, not even as I child when forced to finger paint, and the measuring of dye powder and getting it into solution and into whatever container is holding the fabric is messy. But maybe the biggest deterrent is all that rinsing at the end which requires standing and is pretty hard on my hands. Gotta get over it! At least I know I can reward myself with sit-down time with either my knitting or crocheting between steps. :-)
Delete