Saturday, January 17, 2009

More Triangles


I've spent a lot of time the last few days cleaning up jpg files on my computer, deleting some, moving others into folders and printing out copies of some for my documentation files. It's amazing how quickly the computer can start looking like my studio - a jumbled mess of good intentions! I couldn't resist squeezing in some time on the next "jockeying" piece using up triangles trimmed from other projects. This time, the background is one I did some rubbing experiments on with Shiva Paintstiks. I wasn't overly thrilled with the results so don't mind covering it up with the triangles and getting it off the table.

If you click on the picture above, you should be able to make out the navy blue tulle placed over the top to hold the triangles in place. I've not used tulle this way before and I'm hoping I'll get that floating effect I was looking for in the postcard version sans fusible web. A placed a few straight pins next to but not through the triangles to aid in holding them in place until the quilting is done. I started near the middle quilting along the outlines of the triangles (but not over any of them like I did on the postcard). Then it was on to filling in the background.


As you can see, I'm back to my love affair with straight parallel lines of quilting. I'm not doing much planning of the direction the lines run off to, just going with the flow and seeing where it leads.

2 comments:

Scrappy Cat said...

This is really cool!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Why, thank you! I'm having second thoughts about how many triangles I used on this one - wondering if it's too crowded. But then again, they are "jockeying for space."