Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It Begins...


...with an idea and the inevitable auditioning of fabrics. "Willow" is underway, its size no doubt dictated by how much of the winning fabrics I have.

I've been worrying over those dangling branches, wondering if I have the wherewithal to render them.  Remember my simple little booklets that I tried as a creative warm-up to actual work in the studio?  I played with one before starting the search through fabric, just keying off random words printed on each page, no particular idea or intent in mind.  On the front I found myself mimicking the lines those branches make.  Further on I realized I was developing the motion stitching would take to add each leaf along the whip-like branches.  Thank you, right brain!

1 comment:

Cate Rose said...

I love those fabrics Sheila. I think this piece will be awesome!