Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Linings and Pockets

This is what happens when you go back to work...

I was only going to do the first fusing of the Peltex to the nine padfolio covers I had cut (I'd found one more fabric in the stack that I decided to use) and get right down to adding some decorative stitching to them. But no - it was too enticing to start rifling through my stash for coordinating linings and pockets fabric first. Rather than experiencing the frustration of past such rifling, i.e. how could I have so much fabric and not have anything that works, I found myself moving from one area when it came up zilch to the next without any of that negativity. And I found some very cool pairings. I've not finalized all of them yet, but have options for all. I think it will become clearer which to use once the stitching is done.


And I've been doing a little knitting in the mornings and evenings while catching up on favorite tv shows. I love the way this hand-painted wool yarn I bought back in September is working up. The darker colors blend more than this photo would imply, but that green really does pop, just a few stitches worth at a time. It's a bit like looking down through water to see the kelp floating under the surface. You can just make out the zigzag pattern I am using for the first time. Really loving it as well.

2 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

YEAH!!! You ARE feeling better……good to see so many projects in the works!!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Yes I AM and yes it IS! :-)