Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Postcard Postcards

Oak Leaf Fabric Postcard - Sheila Mahanke Barnes 2013
I think I'm done making oak leaf fabric postcards for awhile. It's been fun and informative and just a little bit addictive. There may be more of these in my future, but for now it's time to move on. And as much as I might like to make one for each and every reader, that isn't going to happen! Instead, I've added an image of one of my oak leaf fabric postcards to some of the products in my cafepress shop. The next best thing to the actual postcard might be the picture on a photo postcard. They come in sets of 8 and can be purchased here. I've also added the image to a lovely mahogany tea/recipe box and a business card holder.

I know I've said this before, but I do plan on more updates to the shop. In the meantime, check out my two calendars of favorite art quilts, cards, mugs and gift items. Some of these may be going away soon.

3 comments:

Lucia Sasaki said...

Hi Sheila!
It is always good to see when you put your name as you finish your artworks. It always was touched because:
1. You achieve to finish your work - it is a full cycle
2. It is your work, personal, a creation, not a for the crowds stuff
3. You put your life into it and it is one thing that allure me in craft - there is a part of the maker in the artwork

I liked you online store. I hope you achieve a great success in it!!

Thanks because you inspire me a lot!

Lucia

The Inside Stori said...

The postcard design is just great......in all aspects!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Thanks, Lucia! I agree with all of your points, especially #3. Big or small, any handcrafted item portrays a bit of its maker, and the maker should be proud to own that.