Friday, October 17, 2008

Charles R. Bunnell


I've been preparing for company, preparing for winter, not doing much worth showing here. I don't have enough time to post the pictures from the exhibit, so while you wait for me to get some free time, I'd like to share an artist I've just discovered: Charles R. Bunnell. I had a hard time finding much about him on the internet - it was in an American Art Review article that I ran across him. The article covered a number of artists, but I was only drawn to his paintings. I DO like his abstract oils shown in the magazine, not as enthusiastic about some of his other work I found by googling. Above is "Graveyard of the Ships." oil on canvas, 48 x 60, 1958. Below is "Yellow Bridge," oil on canvas, 16 x 20, 1961.


And my favorite, "New York City," oil on canvas, 60 x 48, 1954.


No comments: