Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lest you think I've been goofing off...


Well, maybe a little. How can I not linger outside now that summer has finally arrived? Fortunately, the Little Rogue piece is at the hand stitching stage, and I've enjoyed extended afternoons on the porch working on it. Progress is slow but enjoyable as I hand-couch the braid into place. This is a bit of a meditative process, with little pre-planning at to where the braid will go. I let my fingers be led by childhood memory of how rivers flow and eddy, widen out and race through narrows.

3 comments:

Cheryl Gebhart said...

This is a very interesting concept. I've never used silk organza before, but it's lovely here. I'm also going to check out the book you mentioned in your previous post.

Mary Stori said...

At first I thought you used beads.....rather than cording.....the shine gives this highlight a really affective result! Good job.....

The Idaho Beauty said...

Thank you thank you! Mary, beads to come, I'm pretty sure, to foam up the white sheer.

Scrappy Cat, another bookmaking book you might look into is Cover to Cover by Shereen LaPlantz. It is really beautiful and the instructions are very clear. It seems to cover just about everything.