Monday, June 20, 2016

Back To Work. . .


. . . and cutting has resumed! Am feeling pretty chipper finally and ready to get going on the baby quilts again. I've cut out all the pieces for the second one, except the pattern says a few more rectangles will be needed once I arrange colors on the design wall. But at the moment, the "Sea and Sand" quilt top is on the wall waiting for me to clear the table so I can layer it and baste it for quilting. Details details!


I'm using a pattern from New Zealand Quilter called "Modern Tiles" although I'll have a different name figured out for my version. I liked the way the quilt gave a feeling movement that was almost like water. My fabric for the sashings and borders is a fun undersea pattern of fish, coral, and other such marine life so this seemed a perfect fit, and again I would not be spending time designing and figuring out dimensions. It's so straight forward, with sashings and borders cut at 1-1/2 inches and the rectangles at 2-1/2 x 4-1/2. Then I spotted the instructions for cutting ninety-nine 1" x 2-1/2 inch pieces. And here I thought this wouldn't get fussy! Well, they are all cut, as well as the sashings and border strips, and I am ready to start shuffling things around so it can go up on the wall and the other top can come down.

Did I mention that the baby this is for arrived? Molly is her name and she arrived safely on June 9th. Better get crackin'!

No comments: