Tuesday, April 24, 2018

When You're Gone...



I really feel for my friend Mary Stori right now. She is sorting through and disposing of a friend's entire quilting studio and quilting life actually, now that the friend is gone and left all this to Mary's care. I'm guessing many of us consider from time to time what will become of our own obsession with quilting but probably have not worked out a plan. I always thought my best friend Judi would be the one to disperse my things, but when I brought it up, she flatly turned me down. Ironic that she went before me and I ended up having to go through a lot of her things instead. Friend's revenge! Anyway, you might want to pop over to Mary's blog and look at what she has up for sale. Start with this post but go back a few too. There are books and fabric bundles (currently of the feedsack variety as in the photo above) and quilts as well. Maybe you'll spot something you've been wanting, and if you do, you'll be helping out a couple of fellow quilters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary is certainly a good friend to tackle the lifetime of quilting items in her friend's studio! I browsed her blog & tip my cowgirl hat to her for taking on the task! Jan in WY

The Inside Stori said...

Thank you for sharing this info…..yes, it’s overwhelming….I got a 7’ x 7’ POD……filled with a lifetime of her quilting treasure. She’s an excellent quilter….has 5 quilts in the International Quilt Study Museum at U of Nebraska!! I haven’t sewed myself since it arrived at the beginning of this month….my upstairs looks like a horders house!! But, I’m so flattered she trusted me to find folks that would love her fabrics and their history as much as she did. Besides the 50 + boxes of new fabric, there was 8-10 bins of 1930’s and other vintage materials, 80-100 quilts…haven’t even touched them yet and 20-25 boxes of books. Her biggest fear is they’d end up in a dumpster since she has no family. I won’t let that happen. Most museums require appraisals of quilts etc…and at $75 per appraisal in this area…….the funds will come in handy. I’ve listed alot of the 1930’s fabrics/blocks etc. on various Facebook sites….if anyone is especially interested in something specific…I probably have it….. like over 100 G. Flower garden blocks, a yo-yo quilt. 3 tops that need love, 2 that are finished…(I might keep the colorful spider web scrappy one)…..oh my it’s all a feast for the eye. On top of it, I just had some really yucky oral surgery…still not back to feeling okay….hoping tomorrow I’ll have turned the corner…..again Tx’s Sheila…you are a good friend to me as you certainly were to Judi!!