Saturday, November 24, 2018

A Little Gift

Lately I've been thinking that if my readers are waiting for me to do something exciting and share it, they may have a long wait. It's not the only thing diverting me, but the ongoing family history project is sucking up time and is no doubt more exciting to me than my readers. As several of you noted in my last post, just the slide scanning is a bit daunting, but just like working on a large quilt, I've figured out a way to approach it in sections that counters the overwhelming feelings when viewed as a whole. But it still takes a lot of time.


However, I had lunch last week with someone who IS doing something exciting, or at least interesting. Sue, fellow POAC fiber artist, has been playing with these handy gadget holders. A quilting  friend of hers had given her one along with instructions, and for mine, she incorporated hand-dyed fabric because she knows how I love hand-dyed fabric. But while this is meant for things like rotary cutters, scissors, rulers and other small quilting tools, my first thought was how handy this would be for all these sketching pens I've been collecting.


So the fabric part slips over one of those acrylic stands and there are lots of pockets front and back. I'm still playing with what to put in it and where but boy, this is really going to come in handy!

1 comment:

The Inside Stori said...

Such a clever idea...tx's for sharing!