Sunday, March 17, 2019

On St. Patrick's Day

National Quilting Day was yesterday and I've been busying myself with some snow dyeing (which I will report on in a separate post). Appropriately for today, I listened to Ireland's John O'Donohue (my niece gave me the Complete John O'Donohue Audio Collection for Christmas) while I ironed the results of my labors, and just happened to be listening to the cd about your work and creativity (geared towards the traditional workplace but applicable to those of us working at home at our craft). At the end of the segment, he recited this lovely blessing that I appreciated hearing (along with much of what preceded it), a kind of affirmation of a personal insight and redirection of the path I'm on this year. May you find comfort and inspiration in it, too.

May The Light Of Your Soul Guide You, by John O’Donohue

May the light of your soul guide you.
May the light of your soul bless the work
You do with the secret love and warmth of your heart.
May you see in what you do the beauty of your own soul.
May the sacredness of your work bring healing, light and renewal to those
Who work with you and to those who see and receive your work.
May your work never weary you.
May it release within you wellsprings of refreshment, inspiration and excitement.
May you be present in what you do.
May you never become lost in the bland absences.
May the day never burden you.
May dawn find you awake and alert, approaching your new day with dreams,
Possibilities and promises.
May evening find you gracious and fulfilled.
May you go into the night blessed, sheltered and protected.
May your soul calm, console and renew you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing such meaningful words. Certainly worth reading again & again! Jan in WY

The Inside Stori said...

I’ll be looking forward to seeing the results of your snow dyeing……and from the sound of the winter you’ve had, there should still be plenty of snow left to work with. I’m happy to report….we already have buds on many trees and some of the fruit trees are actually flowering here.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Lovely, isn't it? I'm going to put it up in my studio.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Mary, while it is true that there's still a hefty bit of snow out back, I mustn't dawdle. There's nothing but sunshine and high temps in the 50's for this week. It will soon be just a memory!

Sherrie Spangler said...

I love those Irish blessings.

The Idaho Beauty said...

The really get to the essence, don't they?