Saturday, June 18, 2022

Satin Stitching Away

Only a few smaller areas left to satin stitch.

When I made the first Peace quilt, I was concerned about my thread color showing too much. I wanted everything to sort of blend. This is my knee jerk reaction when picking thread color. But on this one, that tan in the border and bits of it on the cranes made me want to choose a color for the satin stitching that would play off that and stand out. I can't tell you how very pleased I am with the results. And the sheen of the twist thread is perfect against the sheen of the sateen crane fabric.

I discovered I still have some of the two green threads I used on the first quilt (can you believe they are still sitting by the side of my machine 2 years later?) and may use these for the quilting. We shall see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The thread you're using in the satin stitching is exactly what you needed! And, yes, I believe the green threads are still by the side of your machine...that may or may not be something that happens here more often than not! Happy stitching! Jan in WY

The Inside Stori said...

I’ve been away so I’m way behind reading my favorite blog posts……but it’s never to late to say I LOVE this piece…….and encourage you to finish it!!