Tuesday, July 05, 2022

Montage Homage

I've used most if not all of the photos in the collection shown above as I've marked year after year the anniversary of my husband's death on July 5, 2000 on this blog, but I don't think I've ever shared this grouping. I put it together as a special memory of our adventures on our Harley 750 Sportster. There were short hops and day trips and weekend jaunts to nearby motorcycle road races and week-long vacations sightseeing our way through Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan and even parts of Canada. I told him we couldn't afford it when he came home from the dealership marveling at his opportunity to buy the bike when the person who said they wanted it changed their mind - normally there was a long waiting list to get one but he happened to be right there when the dealer lost that potential sale. I knew he was going to figure out how to buy it anyway, and I never regretted it, making sure he knew I expected to be taken along on many a ride. We had marvelous times on that machine and where it took us.

So the photo montage was put together so I could print it on fabric to make a journal quilt. I cut a border from the "checkered flag" sleeves of one of his Harley t-shirts and added a little quilting as well as various pins we picked up along the way. It never fails to warm my heart when I see these photos and remember how much he loved that bike . .  and me of course, never minding my tagging along. Loved you then, sweetie, and love you still.



4 comments:

sylviaweir.wordpress.com said...

what a lovely memento of your fun times together. Bittersweet.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute to your late husband, Sheila. It looks like you two had wonderful adventures on that bike. Beautiful memories of happy times having fun together. Thank you for sharing your journal quilt with us. Jan in WY

Sherrie Spangler said...

What a nice way to remember your adventures together. Thanks for sharing!

The Inside Stori said...

I’m woefully behind in reading my blogs…….though late…..I wanted you to know how touched I was reading this post!!!