Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Here . . .


Here it is, 3 weeks post surgery and according to my care team, everything is progressing as expected. Not as I expected mind you, but all I'm experiencing is apparently perfectly normal. As one home care visitor counseled, I need to lower my expectations! It just took longer than I thought it would for the angry nerve endings to lessen the pain sent my way, but finally I noticed a turn around and every day I sense I'm stronger, more aware, able to do more for myself, experiencing less pain. The picture above is of me and my cousin who came to take care of me for 3 days, taken about 4 days after surgery. Trust me, I look MUCH better now although this isn't too bad - must be the drugs lol. And although I can do stairs now meaning the studio is no longer off limits, I don't have enough energy yet to actually attempt anything creative and I can't sit for very long before my back starts hurting. Lots of horizontal time still in my future, but also walking and standing to help with healing.

Substrate I (#953)

Daniel Sroka, 2021

An abstract photograph of bark from an ash tree. This photograph is of a piece of bark that fell from a tree stricken by the ash borer beetle.


So while you wait for something interesting to appear from me, I send you over to Daniel Sroka's Litterfall Gallery. Besides his beautiful photos, he has added 4 short videos that describe his personal artistic journey that has led him to focus on photographing the leaves, twigs, and other bits of nature very close up. Do take the time to listen to them. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! It's a nice surprise to find a new post this morning! I'm sure it must have be helpful & a relief to have your cousin with you for those first days home! Take care of yourself & don't over-do! Jan in WY

Sherrie Spangler said...

So glad to hear you're improving.