Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Racing, Skating and Taxes

As the weekend neared, I was surprised to find that two of the three motorcycle roadracing series that I follow had rounds scheduled AND that World Figure Skating Championships would also be broadcast. Hours of racing to watch, hours of figure skating to watch, over 3 days. So much for making progress on the Rails quilt! It also dawned on me that the deadline for submitting tax returns is quickly approaching and I'd not done a thing except load the tax software that I use. Believe it or not, I did get a little work done on the taxes while listening to pre and post race commentary, but really need to focus on it this week. Oh, and it's the end of the month and there are a few bills to pay and budgeting figures to work out, so I don't think much studio time will get squeezed in. However, I did run across this new Zentangle that I really wanted to add to my "Just Add Red" sketchbook and decided I may as well spend a little time with it this afternoon. Sometimes you have to take a moment to treat yourself. I intend to add one or two more lines of what they have named "Puppy Hugs" intertwining behind this one before doing the shading. This tangle looks good at several stages so the behind ones will probably be partials of the main one. Instead of the Micron pens I usually use, I've chosen these Uniball Air pens because the red one works so well in this sketchbook.

What, if anything, has been keeping you away from your studio?

6 comments:

Pat said...

We are binging on all the Star Trek series. Most we've already seen, some we're seeing again, and enjoying them just as much as the first time.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oh, I can relate!

Anonymous said...

Your Zentangle looks like a spine to me. It's really interesting! I've actually had a pretty productive week in my sewing room although I'm jumping among several projects. Jan in WY

Christine Staver said...

Gosh I thought it looked like a spine, too. Hope you enjoyed the races and figure skating. I still need to finalize our taxes.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oh, I see it, Jan! and I'm not surprised to hear you've been having a productive week. Sometimes we can get more done overall by jumping from one project to another. I've got a bit of that lined up myself, what should be quick finishing of a few things - tired of looking at them!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Nice to hear that I'm not the only one dragging feet on taxes, Chris! How interesting that you too saw a spine while I did not until it was pointed out. :-)