And that's exactly how it was.
I'd been watching the weather reports and saw that a cool front with rain was about to arrive. The first day of fall looked like my last chance for a while for a walk along the Bay Trail.
![]() |
| View from the Bay Trail - two sailboats in the distance |
I'd been avoiding it, worried that an issue I've been having along my left hip would flare midway, making it difficult and painful to get back to the car which required navigating the steep hill to the parking lot. But I'd had no trouble at all on the Sunday walk around City Beach with a friend, so I decided to risk it.
![]() |
| Not many trees are sporting colorful leaves yet |
City Beach is a wonderful place to walk, but it is along paved sidewalks through people picnicking and playing in the water, and a little further out, boats coming and going from the marina. The Bay Trail, little more than a quarter mile away, has dirt to walk upon and huge trees belying the fact that the city is so close by. It is cool, quiet, the main sound being the gentle lapping of the lake against the shore.
![]() |
| Although hard to see (poor cell camera) there are bright red berries on the mountain ash |
Yes, other people walk there too, but not in droves. A few people were fishing along one stretch, several others I passed had dogs along, others were doing what I was doing, getting a good peaceful restorative walk in before the rain settled in.
I knew I needed it, but not how much until I was there, listening to that lapping water. . . .




No comments:
Post a Comment