Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Seed Head Inspiration


The wild grasses have grown tall like crazy, and are ready to spill their seeds. I've been walking by a clump for days, marveling at the purple hue of the seed head, not remembering them although I certainly must have seen them in past years. Well, you know how it is when you get an idea in your head of what things are like; I have lots of pictures of grasses blowing in the wind, pale tan or dark brown seed heads the norm. Well, these won't stay purple forever so yesterday I pulled a few to bring home with me.


I just knew I had a batik or two in that plum-like purple. As it turned out, neither are exact matches, the grass falling somewhere in between, but isn't this a fabulous palette with that green? It's got me thinking...

3 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Great colors, the fabrics and the grasses!

June said...

Wonderful colors. And did I understand that you sold 4 pieces at the art exhibit last week? Congrats! That's really great.

The Idaho Beauty said...

You understand correctly, June, thanks. And I finally had my first sale to a total stranger. Don't ask why that seemed so important to me, but it was.