Sunday, December 24, 2017

Twas The Week Leading To Christmas

Who needs Starbucks when you can custom make your own eggnog lattes each day?
 

 
A young moose came to visit and hang out in the neighborhood.
 
 
Last minute gifts were wrapped for shipping.
 
 
Mother Nature decided we needed a big snow - 15 inches! Was pretty "exciting" driving to the post office in the midst of the storm to mail those packages.
 
 
 A few days later, the car battery gave up the ghost after 12 years - thank goodness for AAA service who quickly dispatched someone to give the battery a jump and for the Precision Tire people less than a mile down the road who could get me right in to replace it.
 
 
The house is tidied and a few decorations put out, including the annual Reed and Barton silver Christmas Cross I add to my collection each year.
 
 
Yes Virginia, people still DO sent hand-signed Christmas cards and letters via the postal service...
 
 
...including me, even though I was late getting to it and some are still winging their way to their destinations.
 
Wishing my readers a Merry Christmas and a safe and memorable holiday season!
 
Your continued interest in and comments on my creative journey and its ramblings is your much appreciated gift to me.

5 comments:

Olga Norris said...

How lovely to have a young moose visiting! A happy Christmas to you too.

Charlton Stitcher said...

Happy Christmas and a good and productive New Year. Here’s to seeing what you get up to with your art ... it’s always a pleasure!

Living to work - working to live said...

Happy if somewhat belated Christmas Sheila. December has passed me by in a whirl. Why does that always happen? Hope you had a lovely day. Hilary xxx

Sherrie Spangler said...

Sorry I'm just now getting around to reading the past week's blogs. Hope you had a Merry Christmas -- but who wouldn't, with eggnog lattes?

The Idaho Beauty said...

To all concerned, a belated response. Thank you for the well wishes and yes, my Christmas day was just what I wanted - quiet (except for beautiful music playing in the background), white, and a chance to have one last eggnog latte!