Saturday, March 21, 2020

National Quilting Day!

The third Saturday in March is designated as National Quilting Day, a chance for quilters to either gather in groups for a sewing day, do public demos or just dedicate some hours to their personal quilting at home. Well, most of us are sheltering in place anyway these days, so there's little excuse for not getting into your studio and doing some quilting today. And I spotted this idea on Facebook, to hang a quilt outside today to cheer your neighbors. Well, I don't have a way to do that but I do have this printout of the Idaho Beauty Block that I hang up when the art group needs to differentiate my house from the identical ones up and down the block. So my shingle is out and I think I am going to cut some fabric and sew up a few blocks. Won't you join me?

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our local quilt shop's retreat this weekend was canceled. So, a few of us had a 'retreat' & texted each day's progress among ourselves! A friend of both of ours' who's away right now even joined in! It was a productive way to spend downtime is an otherwise stressed-out world! Stay well! Jan in WY

The Idaho Beauty said...

Hi Jan, have been wondering where you were these days, seeming to remember that last I knew you were headed to FL? So glad you guys came up with this idea. I once "participated" in a weekend retreat in a similar way, not being able to travel to WI to attend. I sewed as if I was right there with them and texted throughout the day. It really helped as I'm sure it helped you. Stay well yourself!