Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Mask Tie Solution



Remember the first mask I made, the one with carefully picked hand-dyed fabric from my stash and sporting ties rather than ear loops? The one that I struggled with and was never happy with the results? Well, I'm not one to just toss something, so all this time since, my mind has wandered back to it now and then, wondering how I might make the ties work better for me. My mind really got clicking when I ran across the hair ties I'd tried on the no-sew mask, thinking I could loop the tie ends through one giving me a pull on version like regular dust masks. But on a recent trip to Wal-mart, I may have found an even better solution, albeit a bit pricey one. Instead of having to pull the elasticized ties over my head, this Pony-Connect separates for an easy clip together.


I haven't trimmed the tie ends yet as I'm still working on getting the length right, but I think I like the way this is working and the fact that I don't have to do any sewing to attach tie to elastic.


To my delight, this solution made the mask magically fit with no gaps, something I'd not been able to get it to do when tying the individual ties. No getting around the fact that it messes with my hairdo but I think I will be able to find a use for this.


In the meantime, I don't think I've shown a picture of me wearing this mask, one I toss in the car when I'm running errands. I took this pic on my most recent grocery run to send to friend Sherrie who is collecting such pics for a future post on her blog - see this post. If you are so inclined, I'm sure she'd enjoy seeing how you, my readers, are showing off their masks.

2 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

What a great idea!! Thank you!

Michele Matucheski said...

A good and practical solution! I'm glad you found something that works for you. We settled on a pony bead in my family. So many ways to solve a problem!