Monday, January 30, 2023

Naomi's Quilt Moving Along

I've not done more on that stitch camp piece, mostly because it's one of those things good to work on with something else going on like a video that doesn't take that much attention, and I managed to catch up on all of those already with the stitching I've done. It remains by my computer screen so I can think about what to add next but in reality, I now want to switch my attention and efforts back to that baby quilt. I finished piecing the rest of the blocks, spent a little time arranging them on the design wall (this time friend Judi didn't seem to mind my care) and today finished sewing them together into a top ready for borders. Was unsure about how to resolve placement of blocks on those extra rows top and bottom, probably should have sketched it out instead of just imagining in my head, but I think this arrangement works fine.

I picked up glasses last week, a new prescription that I really should have had made up a year ago, but maybe not as my prescription had changed again some at my recent checkup. I knew I'd been struggling with tiny print, but as last year wore on, I felt more and more like my eyes were straining all the time, and that change in prescription proved I wasn't imagining it. Everything is clear now with no added effort which of course makes any sewing that much more enjoyable. And since I was pretty sure I didn't want to go without glasses while the new lenses were being made (they'd have to send in my current frames to have the lenses fit to them), I spent an inordinate amount of time picking out new frames. I love the frames I've had for quite awhile now, continually get positive comments on them, but to be honest, I'd started looking at myself in the mirror and thinking, "I'm really tired of you!" New eyes in 2021, new back in 2022, I guess new frames in 2023 were warranted. I really like them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The baby quilt is gorgeous! It's going to be Naomi's treasure forever with the beautiful story behind its making! I like your new frames--they're very flattering! Have a great week! Jan in WY

The Idaho Beauty said...

Thanks Jan! You have a great week too!