Wednesday, October 18, 2006

More Influences

I'm a bit behind posting some pics taken a few weeks ago. While thinking the fall leaf color was not particularly brilliant this year, I was surprised to find some rather intense color in other flora along the bike trail. There were some particularly red berries on a bush too far from the trail for a picture. Closer by I found:

This flower was an especially intense yellow:


And I liked the way it looked against its backdrop of a variety of paler colors:


Then there was this very dark swath of brown standing out from its paler surroundings:


There are tons of these winterberry bushes along the trail. When I think berries, I don't think white:


I was amused at these perfectly round little white puffballs:


Once home, I noticed an interesting counterpoint to all the fall colors...purple!



No comments: