Monday, November 18, 2013

Tears of Mayo

"Tears of Mayo" by Sheila Mahanke Barnes 2013
I completed the beading on Tears of Mayo this weekend and mounted it over a stretched canvas. It is 12 inches square and has no batting or stitching on it, just the beading. I did put a layer of Thermore batting between it and the canvas, just a little padding to fill up any space that might exist between the two taut surfaces. Through the magic of Paint Shop Pro, it appears to be framed in this photo. In truth, I need to order a frame for it - a floater frame deeper than the 3/4 inch canvas it is wrapped around. In the past I have found this acts a bit like a shadow box and almost protects the beads that sit above the surface.

You may click on the photo for a larger view. For information about my inspiration, see this post. Again, I must thank Mary Stori for sharing her marbled fabric that is the basis of this design.

1 comment:

The Inside Stori said...

You are most welcome! Your beadwork certainly enhanced the marbled fabric. The design certainly encompasses the emotions you must have felt; tears and the constant spiral of emotions! Judi would be so proud......