Thursday, August 07, 2008

Twitter

"Bluebird of Unhappiness"
June 2006 Journal Quilt
Sheila Mahanke Barnes

The previous post dealt with whether or not blogs should be used for sales. If you haven't already, be sure to read Lyn Mettler's clarification of her statement in the article referenced. The issue is not as black and white as that article suggested.

Lyn also maintains her New World PR blog here. I found lots of good information about Twitter on it. If you currently Twitter, or are on the fence about Twitter, she may have answers to some of your questions.

Do I Twitter? Only on a personal basis to keep up with a relative I'd otherwise correspond with or talk to much less frequently. Do I want to open my creative self up on Twitter for the hoards to devour? Well, I guess my tone here answers that question! I just can't be "on" 24/7. Somewhere must be a private life to escape to.

The journal quilt pictured above, by the way, was started in a class by Charlotte Warr Anderson. The name partly came from my own unhappiness with both her method and her design - birds like this are not my thing!

No comments: