Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Slow and Somewhat Steady

Two of four eyes beaded...


and starting around a very dour mouth...

I'm now wondering why I ever thought this wouldn't take long to finish up, that this particular UFO could reasonably be the answer to the third quilt I would need for ArtWalk. I grossly underestimated how long beading would take. And I have yet to continue work on what would have been my second quilt for the exhibit. I was so right to skip ArtWalk this year. Slow and somewhat steady, learning to pace myself, this has become the year's theme.

2 comments:

jenclair said...

What a beautiful palette of soft and soothing colors!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Thank you! It was arrived at rather by accident as I was using up some paints at the end of a session. Was curious to see if I could get a similar effect with paint as I'd gotten with dyeing by working the several colors of paint into the peaks and valleys of a folded piece of cotton. There was a migration of paint I hadn't expected, but I really loved the result. Taking my cue from the fabric as I choose bead colors...