Sunday, February 18, 2007

Open House Report

I know there are those out there anxiously awaiting to hear how my open house went yesterday, and I am pleased to say it went very well. They came, they saw, and they still are referring to me as a talented artist! I even sold two pieces, and possibly a third. And yes, I had men show up. (In fact, one woman told me she offered to let her husband off the hook and he protested mightily.) That's Brian who works in the IT department at Coldwater Creek. His wife, Antonia, is on the right and graciously provided appetizers so I could concentrate on other things.


Don't let the pictures fool you - they really did spend time looking at my quilts before they plopped themselves down to chat, eat and even ask me a few questions. Note the suddenly perfect-mannered Jesse at my feet (yes, I'm the one on the left decked out in artist black and a pieced vest). When all her stuff, including her bed, moved to the utility room, she saw the writing on the wall and decided she'd rather behave than be locked away from all the fun.

As you can imagine, today I am totally wasted (as is the dog), so will post pictures and more details over the next few days.

No comments: