Friday, February 09, 2007

Shopping Day


Mostly, I was out of milk and bananas. So I used that as an excuse to do some extended shopping today. Picked up more things for the open house including the cool paper plates you see on the left. My colors and the leafy vine fits with my nature themes. They were pretty pricey, but I think worth it.

I also stopped at a quilt shop I've been meaning to check out. As I've been working on Grid 3, I decided I might need to add another color - the whole thing is pretty monotonous pink and plum and teal. But wouldn't you know it - I study the batik to find it has yellow in it, but I have no yellow decorative thread in my collection. The shop didn't have a lot to choose from, but one of these two Superior Threads King Tut's ought to do the trick. You might be able to see better if you click on the image for a larger view.

I've not used this thread before, though I've heard rave reviews. It is much finer than I expected for its 40 wt designation. In fact, it is finer than the Oliver Twist thread I've used in the satin stitching for this piece. It is extra long staple Egyption cotton and the varigation is in one inch increments. If I use it, it will be the horizontal and vertical lines crossing through the squares and I will use one of the pre-programmed embroidery stitches on my machine. Or I may run a line of beads instead. Or maybe both. Yet to be determined.

No comments: