Monday, November 02, 2009

Return to Familiar Territory


I struggled with a recalcitrant dance partner all weekend. The dancing skies weren't dancing as I'd envisioned.


Lots of fussy cutting leaving jagged edges and holes as I cajoled them to glide.


Lots of rejects - they didn't like the tango, wouldn't learn to waltz. They came dangerously close to being voted off the show (yes, I watch Dancing With The Stars). So I gave them a rest yesterday, and they reconsidered the dance, allowing me to lead at last.


Finally the pieces fell into place and I could begin what I've been waiting for, the chance to sit at the machine and piece! All straight seams in the sky are sewn and I will tackle the curved ones tomorrow. This is familiar territory, this kind of piecing, any doubt about the time spent marking banished with the ease of matching up units.

And then we'll see if we can get the ground to play along - it need not dance, just create a frame that shows off the main attraction of dancing trees and skies.

6 comments:

JennaLouiseCreates said...

Hello:) I'm catching up with my blogging friends and WOW you have some wonderful projects going on:) I can't wait to see the end result. I hope this message finds you well.
Jenna Louise

Chris said...

This looks pretty cool so far.

Deborah said...

Those beautiful shades of blue contrast nicely with those also nice colors of brown.

June said...

I'm waiting........

The Idaho Beauty said...

Gee, thanks for all the love. I know part of the reason I struggle with this last week was because I was feeling under the weather. It started flowing once I shook whatever bug was co-habitating with me. I'm more up to the challenge now.

June, I thought you weren't watching...hope you're not holding your breath while waiting. ;-) It's coming, really it is!

June said...

Darn, I thought from your comment that I'd get to see more. I keep coming back, hoping, hoping, hoping -- and procrastinating about doing my own stuff, of course.