Friday, January 13, 2006

Tagged, eh?

Well, now I feel I've arrived in the blogosphere! I've been seeing this tagging going on and wondered how it started, what it was all about. And yes, felt a little like that chubby gradeschool child I once was who always seemed to be on the outside looking in, rarely included in the play. So thank you Linda for the tag!

Four Jobs You've Had:
Clerk in a drugstore near the UC Berkely campus (students wanting to buy condoms had to come to the counter and ask - we evil clerks prolonged their embarassment as long as we could!)
School Secretary (oops, I mean, "Administrative Assistant")
Asst. to the ad manager in a major department store (being able to type was the main requirement)
"Educational Sales & Service" position with a major music store (fancy title for someone who rented a lot of band instruments and sold a lot of valve oil) They begrudgingly let me fill in as a traveling rep to the schools for 6 weeks while they found a man to "really" fill the opening. Actually, while it was fun for a change, I didn't want to do it on a regular basis.

Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over:
Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Tequila Sunrise
The Hunt for Red October
An American In Paris

Four Places You've Lived:
Spokane, WA
Berkeley, CA (9 months and I wasn't even in college or demonstrating)
Walla Walla, WA (always good for a joke)
Tacoma, WA (and that did it - we bolted for WI)

Four TV Shows you love to Watch:
Desperate Housewives
Battlestar Gallactica
Boston Legal
Any of the BBC murder mysteries, like Waking the Dead and Touching Evil

Four Places You've Been on Vacation:
Acupulco
Victoria, B.C.
Jackon Hole WY
Along the northern shore of Lake Superior - Thunder Bay to Sault Ste Marie is spectacular on a motorcycle

Four Websites You Visit Every Day:
I have 1/2 a dozen or so blogs I check on now nearly everyday, but nothing I check daily.
If I didn't get posts e-mailed to me, I'd be reading them daily on the Alternative Quilt List (yahoo group)

Four Of Your Favorite Foods:
mashed potatoes
lasagna
fried green tomatoes (really - even before the movie came out)
cherry pie

Four Places You'd Rather Be:
Northern Idaho
New Zealand
studying the quilts in museum collections
getting a massage

Four Albums You Can't Live Without:
That is so unfair. I can barely pick four within each genre I enjoy. But here's a go:
"Full Sail" by Loggins & Messina
"Ridin' High" by Robert Palmer
"Cold Spring Harbor" by Billy Joel
"Brain Salad Surgery" or "Love Beach" by Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Plus please let me throw in one classical too...

1 comment:

Felicity Grace said...

I'll have to remember your comment next time I get tagged! Interesting list but it's so limiting to choose just four things isn't it?