Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Changing Gears


You may remember this piece. It was my trial of thread and quilting motifs for Balance Check. I really liked what was going on there, so set it aside with the idea of finishing it as an actual little work of art. Today I added the additional quilting I felt it needed, put it up on the design wall and started thinking about how to frame it or mount it on a background. It reminds me of the jungle so I am considering batiks that would carry out that theme.

Then I made the mistake of wondering if this orientation was the best, tipped my head and saw this:


Oh, bother. Now I see a mountain with a wild sunset going on above, and reflected in water below. I like this too. So the bother is, now I have to choose between what looks like equally good options.

Which do you like the best?

4 comments:

Chris said...

I think I like it better horizontally, but that might be because that's how I saw it first. I seem to design most of my own work vertical.

Wil said...

The mountain with the reflection is my favourite!

Dianne Koppisch Hricko said...

I side with the mountain and relection

Cheryl Gebhart said...

Your quilting is fabulous - and I like the vertical orientation better (although either one works).