Thursday, March 12, 2009

Trial & Error


Well, actually, lots of trial and very little error as I proceed on this second azalea mosaic. I decided to include a few squares of that cheeky vine batik after all, along with the "this is a keeper" batik and two of my hand-dyes in the "tangerine" quadrants.


The vine one is almost too much pattern I'm afraid, not to mention the way it includes a little yellow. But perhaps the yellow quadrant will make it look like it belongs. Below I try the next to the darkest step in a 4-step gradation of a hand-dyed yellow. It's darker than I thought I would use, but I think it works well with the intensity of the other two colors.


This still needs some tweaks before fusing the squares down, and I'm still not sure about the vine batik. In fact, I'm not sure about the yellow section either.


Even though I incorporated 4 different yellows, it's reading pretty flat compared to the other quadrants. I may need to trade out some squares for some visually more interesting choices.


1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think you just need some lighter yellow to get the same value changes you are getting in the other quadrants. It is looking very pretty.