Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Cutwork Applique Block 3


Finished this one up before bed last night. The pattern is from Traditional Quiltworks Magazine Issue 84 from a quilt called "Sisters' Challenge." Patterns for two of the blocks in the quilt were featured in the magazine. I'll be using that second one for my last cutwork block.

I received my acceptance notification for ArtWalk 2009 here in Sandpoint which means I need to hunker down again with my art quilting. This applique has been a nice little break, but has diverted me from finishing two pieces that missed my self-imposed Easter deadline. I intend those two to be part of my exhibit, and need more new work to have a decent display. I decided I needed to jot down the pieces I hoped to have ready by July 28 for ArtWalk, and it was lengthy. Yikes! Motivation at last...

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I really like the combination of fabrics that you are using in the 4 blocks.