Thursday, February 14, 2019

A New Tangle

The Zentangle people introduced this new tangle called Ratoon last month. I studied it and wasn't sure if I was interested in it or not. But it kept calling to me and yesterday I sat down with my "Just Add Red" sketchbook and a pen and tried it out. I'm always fascinated with how simple some over and under designs are if you just know the sequence. This one is full of lovely swooping lines that I found a joy to draw. And once done, albeit a little lopsided, I decided I really liked it and could see all kinds of potential for adding to it, including some bits of red. So I will continue to work with this tangle and see how far I can take it. It may not be suitable for a machine quilting design, but I could definitely see using it with hand embroidery.

If you would like to try this one, you can find the step-outs for it in the January Zentangle newsletter

No comments: