Friday, February 15, 2019

A Variation

I found a bit of time this afternoon to explore some additions to the basic Ratoon tangle I showed in the previous post. In spite of being very mindful of where I placed the initial "seeds", I still did not evenly distribute them and so still have a slightly wonky ratoon. I wasn't taking it slow and thoughtful as one should so made several mistakes as well which I did my best to cover up. Then I proceeded to a thought I'd had to echo around it (I'm thinking maybe the spacing should have been closer together) and followed some cues from one of the examples in the newsletter (the looping in the center circle and the lined square in the background). Finally, I got out a colored pencil to "and then add red" and finished it off with some graphite shading. Wishing I'd done parts of it differently, but I can surely try again! 

1 comment:

Michele Matucheski said...

Don't sweat the small stuff. Not even every snowflake is perfect -- some of them are a little mis-shapen -- let's call them organic. I like the addition of the colored pencil.