Saturday, March 06, 2021


Fiddle fiddle. Shift. Replace. I was getting nowhere on the arrangement of rectangles for the lozenge. Still confused, still questioning, still cutting a few more from my pinks. So I decided to set that aside and work on the partial lozenges at the top and bottom of the quilt. Suddenly, everything fell into place. I went back to the full lozenge, made a few adjustments and was happy. Moved on to arranging rectangles in the strips that make up the partial lozenges on the side. Going like clockwork. No reason to dilly dally, so started sewing pieces into strips, filling in with the background fabric rectangles. So what you see here is 5 strips on the right completely sewn together and 3 strips ready to attach to each other and the group on the right. Progress! And I'm really happy with the way it is looking. Apologies for the uneven lighting and the camera that insists on making those dark pink rectangles look darker and stand out more than they really do. Now I'm enjoying the process and the results. This will be a happy quilt!

BTW, I'm not concerned about having rectangles left over (and there will be quite a few I think) because I have a plan for the backing which will include them.


The Inside Stori said...

Yeah…..maybe you were overthinking it when you started the placements……but you kept at it and found a delightful arrangement!

Anonymous said...

Your colors play really well together! Perseverance paid off! And, I'm all about using quilt top leftovers on the back, so be sure to share a photo with us when it's finished! Stay well! Jan in WY